Posted by admin | March 6, 2015
Update from the Faculty Council
We hope all has been well since we last saw you in July 2016. Thank you for reading the “Update from the Faculty Council.” The Faculty Council is committed to your academic, professional, and personal success and offer our encouragement for continuing growth and progress this year. Remember to stay in touch, keep us informed, and let us know if you need help and support.
Explore our website, www.changecreate.org. Here you will find profiles of other Scholars, along with important updates and information.
- Contact the office with any updates, questions or ideas. Let us know of your accomplishments, new jobs, weddings, new children, graduations, moves, and other announcements. You may update your information directly online using the form provided, or contact the office directly.
We are pleased to announce some wonderful news and updates from the Change Create Transform Foundation.
- Welcome to three new members, who have joined our Board of Advisors for three year terms. Jocelyn Wright MBA CFP, Tom Grayman MBA, and Dana LaCondre-Nugent ’15, MBA CPA .
- Thank you Bernadette Gargano JD, University of Buffalo School of Law, and Professor Jessica Harris PhD, Southern Illinois University – Edwardsville, who join as new Faculty Council Members.
A special thanks to Elena Paulino ’11, Chair of our Ambassador Cabinet, who is leading our Scholar volunteers who serve on the Cabinet.
- Alanda Alexandre ’14, Montclair State University Scholar
- Jessica Black ’16, Grinnell College Scholar
- Shatorah Donovan ’16, University of Buffalo School of Law Scholar
- Stephanie Fox ’14, Bronx Community College Scholar
- Eboni McKenney ’16, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, Scholar
- Samuel Osaro ’16, University of Iowa Scholar
- Jordan Pinnix ’16, University of St. Thomas, Minneapolis, Scholar
Register for the 2017 Promise Prize Scholar Summit on July 28, 2017, at the Willard Intercontinental Hotel in Washington, DC. Scholar feedback was utilized in designing this year’s Summit. Thank you to those Scholars who were able to provide feedback.
- Join us on Friday, July 28, 2017, at 6:00 pm at Willard to travel by motor-coach to the Swahili Village restaurant in Maryland. We will kick-off our Annual Promise Prize Weekend with a discussion with members of the African delegations in Washington, as well as a special African dinner and music.
- On Saturday, July 29, 2017 we will start bright and early at 7:45am with a engaging discussion of the role of government, politics and the nation’s Capitol as it impacts leadership and activism, historically, currently, and for the future. Our tours and meetings will begin at 10:30 and will include the White House, the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, the Jefferson, Memorial, the Washington Monument, and conclude with the new Smithsonian Museum of African American History and Culture. At 6pm we will convene for an informal dinner, leadership debrief, and other activities at the Willard Office complex across the courtyard from our hotel.
Reach out for information and support as you navigate your life and career. We are here to listen, guide and support. Wishing you progress and success in the months ahead. See you this summer!
Horace Porter, PhD
Faculty Council Chair